Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Playing catch up.

OK, well obviously I'm doing a brilliant job of keeping up this blog. NOT! LOL. So now it's time to play catch up. Not that there's tons to report but still....

We went to a Astronomy Night a few weeks back with a group including 2 friends and families. It was really interesting, informative, and fun. We got to see the moon (Yousuf wanted to know why it was upside down), the Seven Sisters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleiades_(star_cluster)), and Saturn. One friend commented that Saturn looked like they had taken a decal and placed it on the end of the telescope. It was so perfect and clear and bright. Just really lovely and awe-inspiring. I'm not entirely sure that Yousuf knows that it was real and not just a picture.

Most of the time we are just doing the usual, going to the park, homeschooling (although in our case that means playing, doing puzzles, and answering a multitude of questions that I never thought possible to ask), and trying to get the house organized before leaving for the US for the summer.

I'm not looking forward to the "trip" which includes 8 hours between here and the UK, then a 5-ish hour layover, and another 8 hour flight to Chicago. Then luggage, customs, and a 2-ish hour trip on the bus to Milwaukee. But I'm really looking forward to seeing my friends and family. And I think the kids will have fun this summer. DH will be missed but the time will pass quickly and, who knows, we may come back earlier than expected.

The house is slowly, painstakenly making progress. They have put in the foundation and the columns and are supposed to be finishing the first "roof" (or second floor) about now. That means it only took 4 months to do a 1-month job. So, right on schedule! What is it about construction and construction workers? Everywhere in the world, they never seem to stick to schedule or get done on time. Ah, well, everthing in it's time I guess. :-)

I spend a lot of my time just in amazment of my children. I can't beleive the things my almost-5 yo can do and absorb. He just loves to learn and spends so much time in pursuing information and figuring things out and Tabarak is following suit. It makes me so grateful to be able to be here to see everything they do and say and sometimes I just feel like bursting. Sounds silly but it's really the only way to describe it.

No comments: